Audio-Chat has turned up as a new and unique way of engagement in today’s world where technology progresses at a breakneck rate. Realizing the trend, platforms like Callin and Clubhouse are becoming increasingly popular as they offer unique concepts that are not seen in other chat rooms or social apps.
Do you want to find out more about Callin app and Clubhouse and churn out the differences between them? Continue reading to find out more!
Difference in terms of definition of the applications
About Callin App
Callin is a social podcasting platform where both creators and listeners can come together to create, listen and share their opinions and ideas with different people from all around the world.
The creators of Callin have tried to create a platform where you can unwind your creative potential to share your thoughts with the world, discover various other audio podcasts and in that process, get to listen to live or recorded versions of the audio content. They have included everything that falls under the “social audio content”.
- You can listen to live and on-going conversations
- You can discover new people in this platform through chatting with them or simply listening to them
- And lastly, you can create your own library of audio recordings that you can listen to anytime you want to.
About Clubhouse application
Clubhouse is a voice-only social media application for accessing audio content. In this application, users can create rooms or join rooms and listen to various conversations that take place between different people on a particular topic.
The application is pretty simple. You enter the application to just meet new people, share your opinions on a particular topic and chat. On opening the application, you will notice several rooms that are having live conversations. You can join any one of them and enjoy the live talk show.
In order for you to talk in a particular room, you need to ‘raise your hand’. The host of the show will give you the allowance and only then can you talk and share your thoughts. You can even listen to old conversations with the replay feature.
Difference in terms of overview of the applications
Callin app has completely revolutionized the way people usually listen and create podcasts. Here is how you can use this application:
- With only a press of a button, you can start recording at the same time broadcasting it to your listeners and then the Callin app automatically saves that audio file as one episode.
- You can create “rooms” where you can invite people to either listen or be a part of the conversation. The rooms are called “Callin rooms” and the people who are present in the rooms are called the “callers”. Those people can also participate with few questions during the live session.
- If you think you made certain mistakes in pronunciation or there were network issues during your session, you can easily edit that audio file that Callin has saved as a transcript. This is one of the most favoruite features of Callin. Now when you make the necessary edits in the transcript, Callin automatically edits the audio accordingly so that you don’t have to rework on the audio file. All you need to do is make the changes in the transcript. Cool feature, isn’t it?
- When you are done with the recording and editing process, you can publish it as an episode or as a show in whole. This particular content of yours can be discovered by your followers or your subscribers. People may need to pay a certain subscription to listen to an individual’s podcast.
- And most importantly, your content in Callin is one click away from getting shared on your other social media platforms! If you are a creator on this platform, then you can create ‘highlights’ along with your followers where you can curate different shows and share them as well.
Clubhouse has introduced a new way of connecting people all around the world by the beautiful amalgamation of podcasts and social media. In this application, you can:
- You can delve and explore in thousands of rooms where many fascinating topics are being talked about.
- You only need your phone and an internet connection to enjoy the conversations in Clubhouse. You can do your daily activities like work, exercise, cook while listening to the conversations.
- You can meet many like-minded people in this application and talk to them and share your knowledge with the world.
- Why will you only listen to other rooms while you can create your own? Clubhouse lets you create your own room where you can host any conversation.
- Create a community of people who can help each other out and talk about any topic.
Difference in terms of unique features of the applications
- The home tab
The things that are present in the home tab are: live rooms, the various highlights as well as recorded episodes. Along with this, you will get to see the creators you have followed as well as recommendations of other podcasts personalized according to the kind of podcasts you already listen to. The most interesting thing about this is, you will get to see those episodes and highlights will start to play as you scroll down so that you get a glimpse of what you can get from that podcast!
- A dedicated library tab
In this library tab, you can save all the content that you want to listen to in the future. It is like a bookmark of all the podcasts that you like. You also have the option to listen to the audio files offline which you have pre-downloaded in the download list. You also get a history list and a latest episodes list so that you never miss a new update on a particular show!
- You can share video highlights
This is one of the most intriguing features for creators because through this video highlights, they can grab the viewer’s attention easily and in the most effective way.
- The call tab
The call tab will show if you have called someone during your recording session. This will allow you to save your collection of all the interesting conversations you have had with different people over time.
- Room scheduling
You can now schedule rooms where you can invite people to join a particular conversation in the date and time you specify.
- Share on Clubhouse
Clubhouse has recently introduced the share option in their application. On clicking the share option, you will be further presented with three more options – share on Clubhouse, share via other social networks and finally share through any messaging application. This way, you can let your friends and followers know which room is fascinating so that they can also join and increase the community.
- Web listening
This is one of the best features of Clubhouse. Web listening means you do not have to download Clubhouse in your laptop or log in your phone to listen to any conversation. You can listen to it on your laptop or mobile without doing so.
This feature completely depends on the creator. If a creator switches on the replay mode, then anyone who is present in the room can replay the entire audio as they like it. More features like pinned links, sip forward, view who is joining the room and download the source file are also present.
- Total number of attendees present
You can now view the total number of attendees who are currently present in the room.
Conclusion: The major difference between the applications
The table given below will show you the major point of difference:
|In Callin app, you can listen to audios and even download it for later or save it in the library list.||In Clubhouse, you can listen to audios and you can listen to live audio again if the host switches on the replay option.|
|Web listening is not available.||2. Web listening is available.|
|You can share video highlights.||3. You can see the number of attendees.|
Both of these applications are unique in their own way but they serve the same purpose. They successfully created a platform where you can interact with people from all around verbally and connect with new people in that process. Have you ever used any one of these applications? Do let us know!