In the 21st- century, we can confidently say that the world is slowly and gradually taking a hiatus from paperwork. We are, in a way, living digitally. From sending emails to signing contracts- entire industries have moved online. But why is it so, that when we finish a meeting we end up with a pile of business cards?
Business cards continue to be seen as a symbol of professionalism. They act as tools for advertising and branding your business so as to rope in more clients. Business cards can be made more personal and authentic by designing it yourself. This is where custom business cards come into the picture. They are economical and help you add a hint of your taste in a card. The internet offers a club of software which helps an individual create custom business cards. This article aims to introduce the reader to some such software.
Vistaprint helps individuals to design merchandise for business and personal use. It is user friendly, offers support tools and an easy-to-use interface. It has also simultaneously made an entry into the digital marketing space by providing website building and design services. Additionally, it offers a free sample of the product. What better way to make a choice than by trying out the product first?
Vistaprint has a minimum order limit to some of its products. Also, ordering in bulk can cost you less. Add-ons like matte finish, rounded corners, etc understandably add on to the cost of the business card. Business card packages start from $17 per 100 business cards with Standard, Premium and Specialty cards as offerings. Discount coupons and shipping promotions also find a spot in the billing process.
Canva offers a huge variety of “expertly-designed” templates that cover all types of businesses. You also do not need any prior experience in business card-making to get your way through Canva. All you have to do is pick a template, add personal information and you will design a professional business card in a matter of minutes.
Canva stands as one of the best designing apps as it provides the following advantages-
- Professional Print Quality : Canva partners with the best print providers to ensure splendid color quality and materials.
- Fast delivery : Orders are delivered within 3-5 business days with no extra cost.
- Array of tastes : You get to choose from matte, glossy, or eco-friendly business cards made from 100% post-consumer waste material.
Zazzle offers traditional, unique and trendsetting templates. They offer the most amount of variety in comparison to other sites. Furthermore, Zazzle provides a variety of high quality services such as-
- Easy checkout
- Good customer support
- Quick shipping options
- 3-D styles
- Sales and discounts
- Price transparency
- Instant review
Zazzle may not be the most budget-friendly site but if you are someone who prefers quality over price-consciousness, Zazzle may be the best option for you. A basic business card would cost you around $0.30.
How to design business cards
Almost every designing site works around choosing templates and adding personal information. The following steps should guide you across all the above-mentioned sites-
- Set up a account: Enter your email address, phone number and other personal details. Setting up an account will help you store your work on the site.
- Choose your product: Click on the product you wish to design and select color and size.
- Browse templates: The sites offer a wide variety of templates as well as design tips to choose from.
- Personalize your card: Add your personal details to the template.
- Upload your picture: Add images to your business card such as, company logo.
- Proofread the information: Once you are done designing the card, you will be given a chance to review your design. Proofread your business card and move onto the billing/downloading stage.
Designing a custom business card can be made an easy and smooth process with the help of highly trusted sites like Vistaprint, Canva and Zazzle. These sites offer the finest services which are customer and beginner friendly. They also offer tutorials and guides to help you through the nerve-wracking process. So, you no longer have to break your bank to get the business card that marks your success.