The principle in today’s world is ‘survival of the smartest’. The shift to e-commerce and the rapid increase in online shopping has created a super competitive market. In such circumstances, Shopify comes to the rescue by providing easy customization offerings and features to businesses, helping them to stand out from the rest.
The Shopify Theme Store
The Shopify Theme Store contains a collection of free and paid themes that have been thoroughly tested for functionality and compatibility by the Shopify team. While customizing is simple, theme customization proves convenient when the initial theme resembles the business idea of your brand.
Simply go to Online Store > Themes and click “Visit Theme Store” for all themes or “Explore free themes” to access the Theme Store from your Shopify dashboard.
Upload Your Shopify Theme
- The purchased theme should appear in your Shopify dashboard, in the theme library, right away.
- Select “Customize” in the theme to begin modifying it.
- Click “Actions” and then “Publish” to make it your current theme.
In case you purchased a theme from a third-party site or a developer, you must first upload the theme before you can begin modifying it.
- Go to Online Store > Themes to upload your theme.
- Click the ‘Add Theme’ button in the Theme Library section.
You have the option of uploading from a zip file or connecting via GitHub.
It will appear in your theme library after it’s done. With Page Builder, you may personalize your preferred Shopify theme.
Customizing Shopify Themes
- The Current theme and Theme library will appear in your Themes dashboard. The former will display a basic sample of how it will appear once installed.
- Choose the “Customize” option to change the look of your current theme or one from your library.
- Editing page templates and modifying theme settings can be used to customize your store’s theme.
Editing Shopify templates allows you to reuse the layout of various page types across your business. You’ll have a variety of page templates to choose from while creating your store.
Personalizing Shopify Templates in the Theme Editor
- A drop-down menu may be found at the top of the theme editor. It is set to “Homepage” by default, however, you can alter it to any page template.
- The current page’s section arrangement may be found on the left side.
- Section customization is available in the theme editor on the homepage template in all themes, and is also available on every page template in Online Store 2.0 themes. Any modifications made to a template will appear on all pages that use that template.
How to Change the Parts of a Shopify Template
You may utilize a variety of parts on your page layouts, some of which are moveable and others that are permanent.
The page’s headers and footers are fixed. Other parts, such as highlighted collections and picture blocks, can be moved between the header and footer as needed.
Each of these areas has its own set of customizing options.
The Header and Footer
You have a few options for changing the Header section. Because the header appears on every page of your site, these modifications will be reflected on all of your store pages.
Updates to your Footer section, like the Header, will be reflected across all of your store pages.
You may also include a Header block as a content block for a heading and subtext.
- Click on any part for getting a menu of options.
- Customization options will be available for each area. The changes to the Header and Footer will be shown in the preview screen as you make them.
- However, the possibilities in the “Image with Text” area are far more limited. You may pick your image and change its display settings, then fill in the content by clicking into the blocks.
Including a New Section
You are not, however, restricted to the sections shown on each page design. You may further modify your pages by adding sections (and blocks).
To add a section to your page template,
- Click “Add section” and select a theme section from the drop-down menu (or search for what you want).
- Locate and click the item you wish to add. It will appear at the bottom of your page (just above the Footer). You may adjust it to your requirements by moving it up or down.
- Hover your mouse over a segment to see the six dots icon. Your cursor will change to a white-gloved hand that is open.
- Drag your portion where you want it by clicking the symbol and moving it.
- As you move the area up and down the page, the preview screen will zoom out to display how it appears.
- Release when you think it’s in the appropriate location, and it’ll settle into its new position.
Changing the Theme Settings in Shopify
- Click “Theme settings” in the lower-left corner of your editor for options to change your theme and its functions.
- Depending on the theme you’re using, you can alter the categories. Here are a few examples from diverse themes:
- Check out the social media sites
- Notification of Cart Addition
- Theme Design
Because certain parameters are determined by the theme settings, the alterations you make in your page templates will be influenced by them.
Customizing your Shopify Website according to your business needs can enhance your aesthetics. It will capture the attention of your customers and bring traction to your page. Shopify assists you with several options and makes it easy to design your dream website.