If you work in a medical office, you know that time tracking is an essential part of your job. But there are so many time tracking software options out there that it can be hard to choose the right one for your needs. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the 12 best time tracking software for medical offices.
Keep reading to learn more about each option and find the one that’s right for you!
12 Best Time Tracking App For Medical Offices
This time tracking software is ideal for the healthcare industry since it allows you to manage your workforce efficiently. Your employees can quickly and conveniently schedule their shifts and plan their work using this tool. For those looking for a timesheet and leave management software in one application, this is for you.
- Employees, clients, patients, and activities information
- Schedules and leave planning
- Invoicing for billable and non-billable hours
Hubstaff is a time tracking and patient tracking app that allows administrators to view their entire team’s performance reports. With Hubstaff, you can easily automate your payroll and invoicing. Plus, this app offers fully customizable security permissions so you can control how much (or how little) each employee has access to.
- GPS tracking and web-based reporting
- Timesheets are available online.
- Office Dashboard
- Employee attendance tracker and staff planner for scheduling
- Pay rates automation
- App integrations
3. Time Tracker by Ebillity
Time Tracker by Ebillity is a time tracking app designed for small offices. It allows you to track employee hours and other billable hours. Plus, managers and employees can easily communicate and collaborate through the app.
- Employees, clients, patients, and activities information
- Easy workflow planning
- Tracking using GPS
- Customizable reports and detailed statistics
Tick is an all-around great time tracking app with many customizable features to suit your business needs.
With Tick, you can control security permissions so each employee can be assigned their own login credentials and unique access privileges. For example, admins and managers could have full access, while interns or assistants might only have access to basic features such as time-tracking and scheduling.
- Timekeeping using geo-stamps
- Team messaging and communication are built-in.
- Payroll timesheet
- Leave and overtime management
5. TSheets Time Tracking App
TSheets is a mobile-friendly time tracking app that offers GPS location services, allowing you to track your employees’ locations. With TSheets, you can also create custom rules, so managers have more control over how the workday is run.
For instance, if an employee usually starts working at 8 AM, but they show up late one too many times, you could set a rule that ensures they clock in by 7:30 AM from now on.
- GPS position monitoring — see who’s working on what and where in real-time.
- With the smartphone app, you can easily track your time.
- Interactive reports that are updated in real-time
- For quick, accurate payroll, you may automate overtime regulations, tailor pay rates, and schedule complicated overtime computations.
- Employees may manually enter their hours and clock in and out in real-time.
- With advanced time tracking options, your employee may tailor time entry for fields, projects, and activities.
TimeCamp is an all-in-one time tracking and invoice software that you can access easily through the cloud. With TimeCamp, medical administrators can easily keep track of their team’s hours by reviewing details like screenshots, activity levels, and work reports.
Plus, there are fully customizable security permissions so you can control which employees have access to certain information or features.
- Time monitoring with a single click
- Apps for iOS and Android
- Budget tracker
- Using projected hourly rates to convert time inputs into invoices
- Approvals of timesheets
- Attendance, overtime compensation, and time off are all tracked.
actiTIME is a time tracking app designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It offers a variety of features, including the ability to track employee time and attendance, easy schedule management, and billing.
actiTIME also provides a mobile app, which allows employees to track their time on the go. Plus, it comes with an activity diary where employees can easily input what they worked on throughout the day.
- Automatically track your time and set reminders for you.
- Keeping track of overtime hours
- Task-based projects (and adding details to tasks)
- Data analysis and reports
- Invoicing and billing
- Cost-calculating ability
ClockShark is a time tracking app designed for medical businesses of all sizes. It offers an easy-to-use interface and multiple features, including GPS location tracking, employee time tracking, and invoicing. ClockShark also comes with a mobile app so employees can track their time on the go.
- Timekeeping on the go
- With GPS tracking and geo-fencing technologies
- App for the desktop
- Apps for payroll integration
- Large teams can use a single ClockShark account, regardless of offices and divisions
9. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a time recording and employee monitoring app that allows you to track your employees’ productivity.
Time Doctor is ideal for those looking to monitor medical employees both on and off the clock as it has features such as keystroke logging, computer usage recording, and screenshots.
- Real-time visibility of workforce and roles
- Organize corporate employee data
- Mobile app
- Simple payroll interface between QuickBooks and Paychex
- Workflow approvals and attendance management system.
- Automated leave requests
Jibble is a cloud-based time tracking app that is designed for medical offices. With Jibble, staff can easily clock in and out of their shifts, and administrators can generate reports on employee productivity. Jibble also offers a mobile app for clocking in and out on the go.
- Timesheets and productivity reporting
- Users may appoint many team administrators and collaborate more efficiently using role-based permissions and user access controls
- Jibble integrates with Slack.
- iOS and Android apps
Quickbooks offers medical business owners a simple way to generate invoices and track hours. Since Quickbooks is all-in-one software, it includes features like billing, online banking, payrolls, and more. Plus, because it’s an industry favorite, QuickBooks comes with many tutorials designed for businesses of all sizes.
- Simple timekeeping—clock in and out with a single click.
- Scheduling- Easily create, change, and publish schedules.
- Team management- Keep track of the progress of your projects and who is working on what.
- Estimate the time each job will take and manage your time accordingly.
In the healthcare industry, paperwork is both prevalent and unpleasant. TrackSmart automates all the time-consuming tasks and helps you to digitize all of your vital information. It’s especially well-suited to firms that must deal with human resources, schedule employee labor, and other related tasks.
- Reporting and tracking of attendance, timesheet management, and self-service leave request process
- Work schedules, paychecks, and the ability to see if a shift is completely booked
- TimeClock includes a labor cost calculator, a billable / non-billable hour tracker, and an auto-scheduler to ensure employee schedules stay within your budget.
In this day of ever-rising health care costs, medical and dental offices are looking for ways to improve the efficiency of their operations. Consequently, many of these offices are searching for a more reliable and better timekeeping system.
Choosing the right time tracking app can help you avoid the frustration and time wasted by manually recording your employees’ work hours. Investing in a system that works for you is an important decision, but the right one will create a better work environment for all staff members.
With so many outstanding features available across these apps, it’s irrelevant which app you choose, as each one has something unique to offer. What’s important is that you choose based on your budget, what you need, and how your current systems are working.
At the end of the day, it’s all about choosing the app that best fits your needs. Therefore, do your research and select the app that best suits your requirements.